
For those of you that have not already heard--I am now official a klutz. On my way home from work on Tuesday I started to feel a little sick to my stomach. I knew that I hadn't eaten anything too bad so I was a little surprised. I eventually came to the conclusion that I had a touch of the stomach flu. About 9:30 that night I was really feeling sick so I decided to get a couple of pepto bismal tablets, drink a glass of water, and hop into bed. As I stood at the kitchen sink I started to feel dizzy so I leaned over the sink for a few minutes. When I thought that I was feeling better I stood up.
I can't tell you much about what happened next. Detective Johnny thinks that he has worked the whole scenario out but as I was out of it I can't corroborate his assumption. Anyway, I fainted.
I woke up about 10 minutes later laying in a sea of white glass. At first I was baffled, but as I got up up onto my hands and knees to crawl into the bedroom (I couldn't rouse Prince Charming who was asleep in the basement) I noticed that the front of the oven was missing.
I've never really noticed it before but the entire front of my oven WAS made of glass. Evidently when I fell I hit the oven and shattered the glass. Lucky for me it must have been safety glass because I wasn't cut at all and I was literally covered in glass.
About 20 minutes later Johnny finally came to the rescue. After cleaning up the water (I guess I had gotten the drink I wanted) and sweeping up the glass he commented, "It's a good thing that you fell the way you did or you might have hurt yourself!" Evidently he thinks my head is expendable. He redeemed himself a little by commenting that if I had fallen on my face I might be in a worse condition--I'll give him that.
By Wed. morning I felt fine and went to school. I have a pretty good goose-egg right above and behind my left ear. I'm grateful that it wasn't worse. The only casualties were the oven and my self-esteem--it's tough being a klutz!
6 comments:
That is so horrible I am glad that you are feeling better! I hope that you don't try to fall any more on your head or I will come through with my threat to order the Life Alert! LOVE YOU!!
First the bathtub and then the stove! I am soooo glad that your okay! Please sit down the next time you feel even a little dizzy! I love you!
I am so glad you are feeling better and that you weren't hurt badly. I remember when my mom did that a few years ago. She passed out sitting on the bench of her old kitchen table set. She went backwards into her china hutch. It really spooked me and my dad. I hope you have a better week. Love you...Misa
I'm worried about you. I think you need to go the doctor. Very clever title though :)
Post a Comment