I love the 4th of July, I love the parades, I love the picnics, I love the fireworks, I really love the fireworks, but most of all I love the opportunity to reflect on what it means to live in a free country--America, the land of opportunity. It's certainly been that for me.



I love the Black family get togethers on the 4th. This year we started on the 3rd doing a little work in grandma's yard. It was so fun. She came out and supervised so we didn't do too much damage. That night we camped out on the lawn. After dark we had a drive in (sit-in or would it be sit-out) movie on the lawn. We threw a sheet over the swingset and had our own private outdoor theater. We watched
Alvin and the Chipmunks http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0952640/.

The next day we just hung out, ate food, played in the water, and visited. In the afternoon we went to Provo to the old Provo Tabernacle. The Colliers, one of our favorite families in our ward, invited us to see a patriotic program that they were in. It was wonderful, but I'm sure that I will never see Don again without thinking about that wig! Don is Janey Thompson's nephew and she directed and wrote the program. That woman, even at her age, is still amazing.

When it was getting dark we all gathered out on grandma's driveway for a fireworks display. I am so lucky, to live in this great country, to live in such a beautiful home, and to have such awesome family! (That includes you that aren't here!)
1 comment:
It was a great 4th of July! I even enjoyed the camp out and that is saying something there. I think that my favorite was the movie after dark when everyone from Grandpa to Davis sat and watched the Chipmunk Movie.
Post a Comment