Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Here Comes the Sun

Today is beautiful. The sun is shining. The sky is blue. The pessimistic side of me knows that Old man Winter is just around the corner, but today is lovely and so today I celebrate. I love the Fall season--the balmy days, the crisp nights, the bountiful harvest, everything.

I've struggled with this challenge to write every single day for a semester. I find that some days I have nothing to say. I'm also a reviser and not a writer. I want to spend all of my time revising my post from yesterday and not coming up with new material. My life is full and as I walk through my day I think of dozens of post topics, but once I sit down to compose my mind goes blank. So, from this position of braindeadedness, I'm just going to take a clue from Maria Von Trapp (Julie Andrews) or Annie Oakley (from the Musical Annie Get Your Gun) and count a few of my favorite things.
  1. I love sunrises--I need to get up and view them more often
  2. I love oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins
  3. I love my job and I love my students
  4. I love my neighborhood--especially the sisters
  5. I love my grandchildren--I should have listed this one first. Good luck today with your surgery Livy; you are an angel
  6. I love my car--I remember a line in a movie (I can't remember which one) where the main character says you can't love a car but you can get darned attached to one
  7. I love the gospel--and not just for the obvious, spiritual reasons
  8. I love my kids--this is right up there with grand-kids in importance
  9. I love Greek yogurt--it's so creamy and smooth (I had strawberry flavored for lunch)
  10. I love old funny movies
  11. I love PBS
  12. I love sisters, and brothers, and fathers, and mothers, and uncles, and aunt, and cousins, and in-laws, and outlaws (ha ha)
  13. I love a good book-on-tape to wile away the commute (especially Amelia Peabody Emerson)
  14. I love my office with a window
  15. I love my mattress
  16. I love Disneyland
  17. I love good company (you know who you are)
  18. I love airplanes because they help me see my grandchildren (I don't love the flight itself but I love the conclusion)
  19. I love sand
  20. I love the ocean
  21. I love bags to carry things in
  22. I love cardigans
  23. I love Johnny (also out of order)
I have to leave for another class so I'll stop here. I need to revisit this idea because I'm an awfully lucky girl

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I'm kinda hurt that the "kids" came so far after the grandkids.