Saturday, September 3, 2011

Reflections for an Early Saturday Morning


I volunteered at the Bountiful Baskets Coop this morning. When you get up at 4:40 in the morning you have a lot of time to absorb great thoughts:

Found on Bountiful Baskets Facebook page:

We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee. ~ Marian Wright Edelman

Little differences in my life in the last little while
  1. Bountiful baskets
  2. Riverton 18th ward book group
  3.  Facebook
  
 Read in the Ensign while enjoying my shredded wheat:
"When we view ourselves and others through our spiritual eyes, we become more tolerant and forgiving of imperfections. We can screen out the negativism, the hurt feelings, the offenses. We can see people based on intent—giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming their good intent. Sometimes when we feel hurt, offended, or frustrated, we frame what we see much like a frame around a photo. Forgiveness allows us to frame people and interactions differently. Jared soon learned that framing forgiveness around others and himself made his life’s journey much smoother." (Dean Byrd Ensign Sept 2011)
From yesterday’s post you can see that I struggle with forgiveness—forgiving both myself and others. Yet, according to Bro. Byrd, if I frame my view through a lens of forgiveness I can be happier. I’ll do it! (or at least try).

More mundane--but just as fun--things:
Bountiful basket haul for the day Sept 3, 2011
Fruit:    
12 small plums
6 pears
3 mangos (1 for volunteering)
6 bananas
4 nectarines
Veggies:
Celery
Cauliflower
Lettuce
Spinach
3 LG Roma tomatoes
20 small yellow potatoes
½ Mexi pack:
2 lg  dark green peppers
3 medium lt. green peppers
Avocado
3 small limes 3 jalapenos
4 tomatillos
½ head garlic
Lg. onion
Wow!!!!!! Salsa!!!!!!

Headed to the Porter Reunion in Elsinore UT. I’m taking homemade vanilla ice cream for my dessert (actually, I’m taking the fixins).Brenda made a cake for  Grandma Forest Porter's 100th birthday. Happy Birthday Grandma, December 26th and Happy Birthday today to Var Black!

No comments: