Saturday, September 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday--on Saturday, Revisited

A while ago I read about a blogger that does a thankful Thursday blog. Every Thursday she lists and elaborates on 5 things she's thankful for. I loved the idea and decided to do it but kept forgetting on Thursday so one Saturday I decided to do "Thankful Thursday--on Saturday; well I'm in the same boat again so maybe I'll be thankful on Saturday.

1. Women

A couple of weeks ago Jen Butterfield talked in Sacrament meeting about incredible women taken from Elder Quinten Cook's General Conference Talk LDS Women are Incredible--she did an awesome job. As she detailed awesome women in her life my mind turned to the awesome women I have known, loved, and learned about in my life. I started to make a list but it got out of control; suffice it to say there are too many to name. For all the incredible LDS women in my life (I hope you know who you are--mother, sisters, daughters and daughter-in-laws, neighbors, ancestors, mentors, colleagues, and friends) Thank You!

2. Moms
Since I'm on the subject of women I want to give a special shout out to my mom. Thanks Mom for always being there for me, for believing in me, for teaching me, for guiding me, and most of all for loving me. You are the most incredible woman I know.

Eyvonne and Jill 1954

3. Kids

I have the most incredible kids in the world and my grandkids are awesome; but I want to focus today on kids in general. On a recent trip to Disneyland we spent a lot of time people watching--mostly I watched the children. I truly understand why the Savior was partial to children. Kids are just special, funny, excited, uninhibited, free spirited, wonderful.

4. Air Conditioning

During these beautiful fall days I almost forget the brutal heat of summer. Our air conditioning kicked-the-bucket 2 summers ago and it has been sorely missed. This summer was really pretty nice; it never really got unbearably hot until the last 2 weeks of August. As the temperature hovered in the upper 90's I looked for any excuse to go and bask in someone else’s AC. I have a goal to replace it before next summer.

5. Produce

I adore fruit. I adore vegetables. I love to garden; to plant a tiny seed in the ground an just a few short weeks later reap the bounteous harvest. This Summer I'm awash is tiny yellow cherry tomatoes that are so sweet I'm gobbling them down like candy; yum! I love Bountiful Baskets. Bountiful Baskets is a produce coop started by two Arizona moms. I order a basket on Monday and pick it up on Saturday morning--early Saturday morning. Inside the basket I find at least 5 fruits and 5 veggies--it's like Christmas every week. I love to volunteer (at 5:00 a.m.); the coordinators at the Bluffdale site are awesome. I'm snacking on a BB mango right now!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I feel very honored to be mentioned on your awesome blog :) Thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed my talk! I was so hoping that my words would somehow make an impact on the women (and men) I was speaking to. That was one of my favorite talks to write....not to tough to talk about how incredible LDS women are....WE ARE AWESOME!!! :D